Sunday, February 3, 2013

Amazing firsts (a guest post)

My friend Katherine shared some photos with me.
It is a fragment of a fascinating lifetime (and a journal) I was delighted to hear (and see)
Below is her (very short) description:

I've taught art in a remote, rural school in Bududa, Uganda; where, with no water, paints or art teacher, it was a first! 
The kids jumped right in - along with some chickens and villagers - and loved it.  Their zany, colorful work was a joy! I left them with a school exhibit and, to my horror, when I returned the next year, they said the director had thrown them all out! 

I find lots of these amazing, and it is hard to believe they are first time.
Even though there are much more than usual, I suggest you take the time to look at them one by one, see the symmetry,  the facial expressions, The black and whites, the colors, and mainly (since I adore the process...) look at the kid's expressions (especially when not looking at the camera). 
Hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I do.
Till nextime!
(and I put some of my thoughts as titles, ignore them, if you like, they are not part of Katherine's story, but my reflections)
me.

Amazing graceful postures! 

Blue cow under green sun
(and see how the grass it eats gets mixed in its belly)

Snake in the grass?

Pink teacher? yellow student?

See the drawings on the floor, see the light source, are they allowed to get the tables dirty?

See the symmetry, the paper was folded in two. 

The smile on the left is well worth the effort.



Sitting on a zebra?

What'cha hidin behind yer back?

Sad stare


This guy looks familiar



Is she pregnant?

Holy cow! look at the legs, back, The red pink and black spots, and the blue horns.

I've heard of big bugs, but this is ridiculous


This must be the teacher

This is not an umbrella

This is not a leaf

Definitely a shirt.

Triangular sunset




Some look at their work, some at other's

Half white, half gray face.












7 comments :

  1. Great, thanks for sharing.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greate Drawings
    hAdar

    ReplyDelete
  3. מקסים!!
    נירית

    ReplyDelete
  4. הייתי שמחה לתלות כמה תמונות כאלה בבית, הן ממש משמחות
    (שוב נירית)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ART!!! honest, true and fully expressive. Free flow art I wish I could express myself in the same way. Truly beautiful. It is nice to have you back on the blog. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quelle jolie histoire ! et quelles belles réalisations !

    ReplyDelete

  7. This is fantastic...

    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” Pablo Picasso

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thing on your mind? (help)